Whether you want subtle or extreme changes, our team at Dr. Colin Richman Dentistry can enhance your smile in a variety of ways through cosmetic dentistry. Through cosmetic dentistry, your teeth can be re-shaped, brightened, bonded and more. Dr. Richman uses a wide range of tools to perform a variety of procedures. The following is a list of the most common procedures in cosmetic dentistry:
- Bleaching – Whether your teeth are stained or you just want a brighter smile, bleaching is a very common procedure that can whiten your teeth in a short amount of time. Dr. Richman measures the correct amount of whitening solution into a mouthpiece tray to ensure you aren’t getting more chemicals than necessary. In-office teeth whitening gives faster results and often is completed in 1-2 visits.
- Bonding – Bonding is used when your teeth are gapped, chipped, or cracked. Dr. Richman applies an etching solution and tooth-colored materials directly to the problem area of your tooth. Bonding is done in one visit and can last several years.
- Veneers – Veneers are tooth-colored shells of porcelain that are cemented into your teeth. They are meant to reflect the properties of your natural teeth. They can fix discolored, worn down, chipped, misaligned, irregularly shaped and gapped teeth. Once your custom veneers are ready, our team at Dr. Colin Richman Dentistry will do a trial-run and temporarily place them on your teeth to inspect it’s fit and color. Once they are applied with special cement, we will shine a light beam on them to activate the cement and cause it to harden at an accelerated rate. Veneers greatly improve your appearance and look almost exactly like a natural tooth.
- Crowns – Crowns are caps for your teeth that are used to restore the shape of the tooth and improve it’s appearance. Crowns are usually needed for teeth that have decayed, broken or severely discolored. If properly taken care of, crowns can last for years.
- Implants – Dental implants replace your missing teeth by replacing your natural roots. They are made of titanium and aren’t visible after the surgery is completed. Dr. Richman specializes in surgically placing the implant into your jawbone. It can take up to several months for the titanium implant to attach to permanently attach to the bone, but once it does, the replacement tooth is applied to the implant.
Here at Dr. Colin Richman Dentistry, we would be happy to discuss which cosmetic dental procedure is right for you. Call (770) 442-1010 to schedule an appointment today.