Routine cleanings are one of the most important things you can do to keep your teeth healthy. Brushing and flossing daily are not enough to protect you from tooth decay, tooth loss and gum disease. Dr. Richman recommends a routine cleaning every six months. Routine visits can prevent plaque from building up and causing more serious problems such as periodontal disease. During your teeth cleaning, one of our wonderful dental hygienists will remove plaque, tartar and bacteria that can’t be removed with your regular toothbrush.
If your teeth are not cleaned regularly you can develop periodontal diseases. This impacts your gums and need professional treatment. Dr. Colin Richman in Roswell, GA is a professional periodontist who can treat your teeth in the best way possible. Call our office today to schedule your appointment.
Signs and Symptoms of Advanced Dental Disease Including Periodontal (Gum) Disease
Chronic disease anywhere in the body is insidious, thus advanced symptoms may only appear late after significant damage has occurred.
Warning signs of periodontal (gum) disease include:
- Redness, tenderness, pain, swollen gums
- Bleeding while brushing, flossing or biting into an apple
- Insufficient long term flossing over a lifetime
- Receding gums, frequently described ‘getting long in the tooth’
- Teeth moving or shifting
- Loose teeth
- Appliances no longer fit comfortably
- Previous history of tooth loss including parents
- History of smoking, diabetes or other metabolic diseases